It’s the iconic battle of the modern advertising age…which has the greatest impact on buying decisions: Direct Mail or Digital Advertising? The answer just might surprise you. Let’s look at research conducted by leading neuromarketing research company,True Impact Marketing. In July 2015, the research powerhouse undertook the largest study of its kind, comparing the brains of people interacting with physical (direct mail) vs. digital (email, display) advertising.
Brain imaging and eye-tracking technology were used to “see” into the brains and analyze the effectiveness of each.
Here’s what they found about Direct Mail
- Direct mail is easier to understand and more memorable than digital media. It takes 21% less thought to process and creates a much higher brand recall.
- Direct mail is far more persuasive than digital media. Its motivation response is 20% higher – and even better if it appeals to senses beyond touch, such as smell and hearing.
- Direct mail gets the message across faster. Our brains process it quicker than digital media. An important difference in an era when goldfish have longer attention spans than the average human.
- Direct mail is more likely to drive consumers to act on your message than digital media.
With a majority of consumers also online, digital marketing should not be ignored!
- Smarter Marketing
- Stronger Customer Relationships and
- Higher Sales
Lies in Fusing Physical and Digital